Pork chops can be difficult to cook just right. If you’ve ever had chops that were too crunchy or chewy, you know what I’m talking about. Follow these steps for juicy, tender chops that really bring out the flavor of your favorite marinade or rub.
- Preheat the grill.
- Oil the grill grates.
- Put the chops on the grill for 1 minute.
- Rotate 60 degrees and grill for another minute. This gives marks the chops with the trademark criss-cross pattern.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes for thin chops and 6-12 minutes for larger pieces.
- Move to indirect heat for 3-4 minutes (6-12 minutes for larger pieces)
- Internal temperature should hit 150 degrees. The inside should be white with just a hint of pink color.
- Remove from grill, seal in foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
I like to marinade with a steak rub and olive oil and then top it off with a little peach jam.