This recipe is pretty close the the authentic Cafe Rio recipe you may be familiar with. This dressing goes great on salads, but also tastes good on sandwiches, rice, pizza or even as a beverage. It’s just that good. I quadrupled the recipe and ended up with way to much, even after giving half away.
- 3 fresh tomatillos, peeled and cut into quaters
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing mix
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 6 stalks green onions, with ends
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tsp sugar
- 5 cross-section slices of a jalapeno pepper
Combine and blend then refrigerate for at least one hour. Best on pork burritos and salads.